Director, Producer & Writer, DOP, Editor
I love making films and I also love showing people how to make their film dreams a reality. Since 1997 I have worked full time as an active Film Maker and FIlm Teacher. My passion is directing and I have a strong belief that I should share everything I know about Film Making and therefore I have created International Film Base as a forum for beginner and advanced emerging film makers. This site will show you how to make your films a reality now. Please look at our Online Film School if you would like to learn everything I know about making films. I also present seven times per year my Weekend Film School both in Australia, United Kingdom and the US I am currently in Pre production on two feature films and have completed two other feature films which are released in 2011 The Lima Connection (Development) Due to shoot in Peru & Miami 2012. Budget $10 million The Now Producer Writer Director “The Now” Due to Shoot November 2011 Budget $500,000 The following films are completed and due for Release August 2011 The Makeover Released on DVD with Blockbuster everywhere Australia and New Zealand April 2011 Budget $90K The Makeover is a 100 minute feature film staring Lara Cox and Martin Dingle-Wall. Colm directed, wrote, produced and edited the film Dealing with Destiny $1 million dollar feature film currently in post production. The film is about the final day of four university students who go on a final day muck up that ends in total mayhem.
- 2011 The Lima Connection (Development) Due to shoot in Peru Miami
- 2011 Producer Writer Director “The Now” Due to Shoot November 2011
- 2011 – Director, Dealing with Destiny feature film
- 2010 – Producer, Director, Editor, DOP, Writer, THE MAKEOVER feature film
- 2007 – DOP, Editor, Another Day Another Dollar
- 2006 – Director, DOP, Editor, Central Station Records Records DVD 60 mins available in all major record stores
- 2006 Common Ancestor Short Film 15 minutes DOP
- 2006 DOP EDITOR MONEY TALKS
- 2006 KLM TV VIDEO DOP
- 2006 In and Out Short Film DOP Editor
- 2005 Andorra Music Clip Screened Foxtel Music Chanels SBS Director DOP Editor
- 2005 Documentaries for Ethnic Business Awards 90 Minutes Screened SBS November 2005
- 2005 Hidden Ciriculem Short Film DOP Editor
- 2005 Duality Short Film 15 Minutes Director DOP Editor Writer
- 2005 The Beach House Feature Film DOP Sydney Shoot
- 2005 The Negotiation Short Film DOP
- 2005 Ducking for Cover Short Film DOP Editor
- 2004 Three The Hard Way Feature Film Starring Sam Worthington and Steve Bestoni DVD Behind the Scenes
- 2002 - The Elixir 82 mins, Super 16mm, Producer, Writer & Director. Screenings: Cairns Film Festival (Work in Progress) 2002, Byron Bay Festival Work in progress 2001, Two awards at the Down Under Film Festival Best Director and Best Editor.The Elixir won Best Director and Best Editor awards at the Down Under Film Festival. Sales Agent for the film is Film Works in Australia New Zealand and American Film Partners in LA.
- 1999 – Celebrity Suicide 5mins, DV, Producer, Writer & Director.
- 1998 – Xenophobia 7mins, 16mm, Producer, Writer & Director. Screenings: Comedy Channel.
- 1996 – Metamorphis 20mins, 16mm, Producer, Director, & Writer. Awards: Best Editor, Sydney New Film Festival, Best Special Effects, Sydney New Film Festival.
- 1994 – Best Friends 13mins, 16mm, Producer, Director & Writer.
Related Film Experience
- Current – 1997 – The Film Making and Directing Course. Colm is the sole founder and one of the presenters of this highly educational short film course. It is now available across Australia, New Zealand and Ireland.
- Current – 1996 – Freelance Writer, IF Magazine.
- 1991 – 1987 – Los Angeles, eg, In the Line of Fire, Wolfgang Peterson, Dead Calm.
- 1986 – 1985 – Freelance Photojournalist, Cambodia, Wall Press.
A one-on-one Consultancy can clarify many issues for our clients. If you need to create film production strategies or film career strategies, please book a one hour consultancy with Colm O’Murchu. Consultancy rates are $190 per hour. Please email your Consultancy request to email@example.com. Please include a phone contact.
2 Would you like Colm O’Murchu to Direct your Feature Film for the Cinema?
The Trailer that follows is an example of a film that Colm O’Murchu was hired to direct. Dealing with Destiny will be on limited release in Australian Cinemas on September 1st . Films must have a minimum budget of $650,000 which with the Production Offset will automatically see the budget at $1 million in Australia. If interested please call on 1 800 131166 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Imagine your own film completed and polished by professionals…
“We are a one stop production house that makes professional top quality films from start to finish. The best way to get your career happening is to make films. To do that, hire our experienced film makers and we will help you get to your goal fast.” Colm O’Murchu Owner International Film Base
3 Short Film Drama at a Very High Standard.
We can make your production happen and do all the hard work All you have to do is Direct. All in one Packages for shooting your film project.
- Production Manage your film We will find locations, organize castings and create the whole production
- Script edit your screenplay
- Shoot the film
- Our professional Crew will shoot your film.
- Supply all the Cameras Lights Sound (List below)
- Edit and sound post post produce your film
- At top class value rates. Cost will depend on the project. But we will give you an amazingly inexpensive rate
. The first step is to phone on 1800131166 or email us on email@example.com. Please include a phone contact.
$2,500 per completed screen minute Professionally Sound Posted and Mixed and like a Movie
4 Commercials and Music Videos
Get our rates for your film production needs Please call on 1 800131166 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Music Video General Price = $5,000 for a Three minute Song.