Please read this amazing FREE E Book about how Famous Film Directors such as Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) , Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction) and Ridley Scott (Gladiator, Alien ) made it in the film business and what you can learn from them. Model the best and you will attract success. Fill in details in yellow box.
Working professionally as a Film Teacher and Film Maker since 1997
- Owner Australian Film Base
- Film Instructor at Sydney Film Base
Colm founded Sydney Film Base in 1997 and has since taught emerging film makers to make professional films. Colm has guided and instructed over the years on 169 short films made by Sydney Film Base students. Therefore the standards on our 4 Month Film School are exceptional. See examples of student films here With a wealth of film teaching and film making experience Colm O’Murchu is one of the very best film instructors.
Colm is also an active professional film maker who works as a DOP and Film Director on feature films and professional films. He has directed the award winning feature film The Makeover and the $1 Million budget “Dealing with Destiny” He is currently in advanced development on his next feature film Absolute Freedom shooting in early 2014 .
Colm also writes his Independent Film Blog all about indie film makers passion. http://colmomurchu.com/
Teaches Sound Post Production at our 4 Month Film School
John has worked in the film, television and music industry for the last 25 years,and is a member of the Australian Screen Sound Guild. He commenced working as a recording engineer in 1986 and continued recording music of all genre’s, until he became a post production sound designer at Foxtel in 1997. For the next 10 years, he worked on numerous Foxtel promotions and productions for Fox 8, Fox Classics, National Geographic channel, Channel V, The Comedy Channel, BBC, The History Channel and UKTV. In 2006 winning the Gold Award at World Promax in New York for best Sound Design. He has also worked with Channel 10, Channel 9 and Channel 7 on a variety of long form TV programs. During his work in Television he also collaborated with a number short filmmakers as a sound and dialogue editor, sound designer, sound supervisor and sound mixer culminating in over 20 national and international award winning short films to date.
Recently, John was credited as Sound Designer and Dialogue Editor and Sound Mixer on two Australian Independent Feature Films. One winning an award for Best Comedy Drama at the New York City Film Festival and was an Official Selection at the Cannes. Independent Film Festival. Over the last 15 years John has trained and advised hundreds of Film and Audio students at many schools around the country.
Allan is one of the very best communicators and an exceptionally charismatic film teacher.
Allan has worked as a writer, director and cinematographer on nationally aired television commercials and music video clips. He also has vast experience shooting and editing corporate material.
Allan also co-owns Newcastle based advertising agency GMRX media.
He also has written documentaries, TV pilots, TVC’s and has over seven years experience on-air presenting and writing for radio (NXFM, KOFM and 2NURfm).He has an in depth interview experience; conducting interviews for film, radio and written formats with some of Australia’s musicand business elite.
He personally believe in just not meeting but exceeding expectations.
2013 Film Instructor Australian Film Base
2009 – Present
Creative Director, GMRX (production company)
• Manage and direct a funded feature / short films, music video clips and TVCs
• Crew hire and management
• Editing (Final Cut Pro) & colour grading
• Graphic design (Adobe Master Collection)
• Script writing (Celtx)
2010 – 2011
Editor and Camera Operator, Visual Domain (production company)
• Edit using Final Cut Pro and Adobe software for web corporate video’s for Fairfax
• Photo retouching using Photoshop
• Sound recording and mixing
• Camera operation using DSLR’s specifically 60D, 5D and 7D
• Green Screen and Chromakey lighting, shooting and editing
• Conducting corporate interviews
• Creating interactive graphics using Apple Motion
2011 – 2012
Online Content Editor Nova919
• Direct / Edit / Shoot online content for novafm.com national websites using DSLR
technology and Final Cut Pro.
• Interact with punters via social media, direct and implement social media campaigns
that coincide with sales and promotional station stratagies.
• Graphic design using Photoshop, Illustrator & Adobe Flash.
• Copywriting / creative writing and proof-reading.
• Social media management and website maintenance.
2003 – 2011
On Air Presenter, 2NURfm
• Present on air material and adhere to 2NURfm and Australian Broadcasting Authority
• Write and produce original creative material
• Produce on air quality audio with digital sound editing equipment (Protools)
• Manage talent and conduct interviews
• Seat on 2NUR programming committee for late night programs